SAR offers our non-travelling passengers a fast, secure and affordable Parcel Shipment service on all passenger trains operating on our North and East networks.
Customers can ship both large and small parcels (up to 60kg) between passenger stations in Riyadh, Hufof, Abqaiq and Dammam on the Eastern line, and between Riyadh, Qassim and Hail on the Northern line, with express same day delivery available.
Parcel shipments are simply dropped off at any of the above SAR passenger stations (no pre-booking required) and subject to availability can be shipped on the next available passenger train service, making parcel shipments by train one of the fastest ways to move packages around Saudi Arabia.
Upon the shipment’s arrival, an SMS is sent to the nominated recipient who can collect the parcel immediately or at a convenient time within the next 48 hours.
Parcel Shipment prices
Transporting parcels by train with SAR is both quick and affordable, with rates starting from just 23 SR.
All prices are based upon distance and weight, with our standard rates covering all parcels up to 8kg.
Hufuf 34.50 SAR
2.30 SR is charged per extra kg transported (up to a maximum of 60kg).
All prices quoted are inclusive of 15% VAT.
3 SR is charged per extra kg transported (up to a maximum of 60kg).
All prices quoted are inclusive of 15% VAT.
Parcel Shipment drop off / collection times
|Station / Day||Sunday||Monday||Tuesday||Wednesday||Thursday||Friday||Saturday|
|Abqaiq||24 Hrs||24 Hrs||24 Hrs||24 Hrs||24 Hrs||24 Hrs||24 Hrs|
|Dammam||24 Hrs||24 Hrs||24 Hrs||24 Hrs||24 Hrs||24 Hrs||24 Hrs|
|Station / Day||Sunday||Monday||Tuesday||Wednesday||Thursday||Friday||Saturday|
|Riyadh||(07:30 – 18:00)||(07:30 – 18:00)||(07:30 – 18:00)||(07:30 – 21:00)||(07:30 – 18:00)||(07:30 – 18:00)||(07:30 – 18:00)|
|Qassim||(02:15 – 05:30), (10:15 – 17:45)||(10:15 – 17:45)||(10:15 – 17:45)||(10:15 – 17:45), (21:15– 00:30)||(10:15 – 21:00)||(10:15 – 17:45)||(10:15– 21:00)|
|Hail||(10:00 – 16:00)||(10:00 – 16:00)||(10:00 – 16:00)||(10:00 – 16:00), (00:00 – 03:00)||(10:00 – 16:00)||(10:00 – 16:00)||(00:00 – 16:00); (00:00 – 03:00)|
Terms & Conditions
In case of destination or weight changes then SAR keeps the right to charge a different price based on the price policy.
- Shipment might cause damage to other shipments
- Shipment causes harm to the employees.
- The shipment contains any illegal content.
Whenever a shipment is initially accepted, it does not mean it is correspondent to the terms and conditions. The process of shipping and the delivery time is based on a first come first served rule. In abnormal circumstances, SAR does not hold responsibility nor it pays compensations for late delivery or canceled shipments either for regular customers or a contracted customer. In case of any shipment being seized by government entities, SAR does not hold any responsibility nor compensation. SAR is not obligated to compensate for :
- Any damage caused by high temperature or pressure.
- In accidental incedints SAR is not responsible for any direct or indirect damages as loss of profit, income, or the items being uselss.
- Improper wrapping by the customer or not placing labels to indicate the state of the shipment as per wrapping procedures.
- Any harm caused by customer not being careful with the shipment or inaccurate information given.
SAR holds the right to choose or to allow any specialized government entity to open the shipment , to check it ,or to pass it through X-Ray at all times and SAR will not be responsible to compensate for the shipment in case of damage.
The shipment is delivered and handed according to the shipment policy information regarding the receiver information and the arrival destination.
In case if shipment damage the customer shall raise a request no later than 24 hours from receiving the shipment. In case of shipment being lost the customer shall raise a request no later than 72 hours from the stated shipment arrival time. In the case of lost shipment the customer will be compensated with a maximum compensation 300 SR. The shipment has to be collected no later than 48 hours from the stated shipment arrival time, otherwise, storing fees will be charged (48 SR. every 24 hours).
1. When procuring SAR Parcel Shipments Service:
You, as "Customer", agree, on your behalf and on behalf of the receiver of the Shipment ("Consignee") and any third party with an interest in the Shipment that the terms and conditions under this agreement will apply. "Shipment" means all documents or parcels that travel under one waybill and which will be transported by SAR. SAR reserves the right to refuse any documents or parcels from any person, firm, or company at its own discretion. Payment by the Customer and initial acceptance for transit by SAR does not mean the shipment has been accepted for transit and conforms to all terms and conditions. SAR reserves the right to transport the Shipment by any route and procedure, by successive trains, and according to its own handling, storage and transportation methods. All Shipments are accepted on a first come, first served basis and delivery times will be also be allocated on this basis. The Shipment will be delivered only to the Consignee at the destination station according to the shipment information provided by the Customer. Consignees must present either their Saudi National ID, Iqama, or Passport and a valid shipment number when collecting Shipments from stations.
Maximum weight and dimensions of a shipment are 60kg and 80cm (L) x 60cm (W) x 80cm (H) respectively. Any shipment that does not match this criterion will be rejected. Customers must declare all valuable items upfront at the point of purchase. Customer undertakes to ensure that a shipment handled by SAR will not contain:
- Anything that cannot be transported safely or legally.
- Anything that is prohibited by any law, regulation, or statute.
- Any food, animals or dangerous/hazardous goods or waste.
- Bullion, currency, combustible materials, and drugs/narcotics, toxic and infectious materials, compressed gases and oxidizing materials.
- Negotiable instruments in bearer form like bearer cheques/drafts, money orders, promissory notes, bearer bonds, bearer share certificates, stamps, open tickets, uncashed travelers' cheques, credit cards, or SIM cards (but not including gift cards).
SAR and any specialized government entities reserve the right at any time, but not the obligation, to open and inspect a shipment and pass it through an X-Ray without notice for safety, security, customs or other regulatory reasons and SAR will not be liable for any compensation in relation to damaged shipments in this regard.
The packaging of the shipment is the customer’s sole responsibility, including the placing of the goods or documents in any container. SAR does not accept any responsibility for loss or damage to shipment arising from inadequate or inappropriate packaging. SAR will not be liable for delay in delivery resulting from customer’s failure to comply with its obligations in this respect.
5. Liabilities Not Assumed:
SAR will be not liable for any loss, damage, delay, misdelivery, nondelivery not caused by its own negligence, or for any loss, damage, delay, misdelivery or non-delivery caused by:
- The act, default or omission of Customer or Consignee or any third party who claims an interest in the shipment.
- The nature of the Shipment or any defect, characteristic, or inherent vice thereof.
- Violation by Customer or Consignee of any term or condition stated herein including, but not limited to, improper or insufficient packing, securing, marking or addressing, misdescribing the contents of the Shipment or failure to observe any of the rules relating to shipments not acceptable for transportation, whether such rules are now or hereafter promulgated by SAR.
- Force Majeure.
- Acts or omissions of any postal service, forwarder, or any other entity to whom a Shipment is tendered by SAR for transportation, regardless of whether Customer requested or had knowledge of such third party delivery requirement.
- Electrical or magnetic injury, erasure, or other such damage to electronic or photographic images or recordings in any form.
- Damage due to insects or vermin.
- The seizure of the Shipment by any government entity.
- High temperatures or pressure.
- Accidental incidents SAR is not responsible for
SAR will make every reasonable effort to deliver the Shipment according to its regular delivery schedules, however, Customer agrees that such schedules are not binding and do not form part of the agreement. SAR will not be liable for any damages or loss caused by delay.
6. Customer’s Warranties and Indemnities:
Customer will indemnify and hold harmless SAR for any loss or damage arising out of Customer’s failure to comply with the following warranties and representations:
- All information provided by Customer is complete and accurate.
- The Shipment is acceptable for transport.
- The Shipment was prepared in secure premises by reliable persons and was protected against unauthorized interference during preparation, storage and any transportation to SAR.
- Customer has complied with all applicable laws and regulation.
- Customer has obtained all necessary consents in relation to personal data provided to SAR including Consignee’s data as may be required for transport.
SAR’s Shipment charges are calculated according to the route and weight of shipment. SAR will charge 3 SR extra fees for each 1kg above 8kg for each shipment. SAR reserves the right to amend parcel shipment prices at any time. Customer should collect the shipment up to 48 hours post arrival and after that; storage fee charges of SR 2 per hour (48 SR per day) will be applied.
Any claim against SAR must be submitted within 28 days of the date of acceptance of shipment. All claims must be raised on SAR website www.sar.com.sa.
9. Force Majeure:
If SAR is prevented from carrying out its obligations under this agreement by reason of force majeure event (including without limitations any act of God, riots, strikes or lock-out, wars, government issued orders or directives, pandemics, epidemics, and similar events beyond the reasonable control of SAR), then SAR will be temporarily relieved of its obligations, including delays in providing the Services, for the period of time that the force majeure event persists.
In the event that a Shipment remains in SAR’s possession for more than 28 days, SAR reserves the right to return the Shipment to the Customer at an extra charge to be paid by the Customer. In the event the Customer is in default of this agreement and/or fails to accept delivery of returned Shipment, SAR will have the right to dispose of such Shipment at SAR’s discretion, without the need to take any further legal action, or obtain a court order or a judgement in that regard. Customer indemnifies and holds SAR harmless from and against any third party, including official authorities, claims, liabilities, tax, penalties, or obligations of any nature whatsoever that may arise out of or in connection with disposing of such Shipment.
SAR is obliged to maintain the confidentiality of the beneficiary’s information for parcel shipment services and to protect them from infringement by any means, and take all necessary measures to prevent access to them or to undertake or disclose or publish or modify them in violation of regulations. SAR is committed not to disclose the information of the beneficiaries, unless this disclosure is allowed by virtue of a legal justification in accordance with the regulations in force in the Kingdom, or upon the express consent of the beneficiary, or his official representative in this regard, or upon the direction of the Commission, and shall restrict any access to the information of its beneficiaries and document any access to their information, and identify and define the request for purposes of keeping beneficiaries information, and keep the content of parcel shipments and prohibit the illegally unauthorized to view them.
12. Lost Shipment:
If your shipment does not arrive at your destination station within 24 hours of your assigned arrival time, please contact your nearest station or our Customer Contact Centre within 48 hours (72 hours from the assigned arrival time), where our staff will assist you in completing a Lost Property Claim Form. You will be required to provide a clear and accurate description of the lost parcel shipment along with your shipment receipt. Once your shipment has been located, it will be dispatched to your destination station for collection. All Consignees must present either their Saudi National ID, Iqama, or Passport and a valid shipment number when collecting lost shipment from our stations. In the unlikely event that your shipment cannot be located, SAR will provide you with compensation as follows:
- A Shipment for which no valuables have been declared shall be reimbursed at 75 SR per kilogram to a maximum of 1,000 SR.
- shall be reimbursed for the value of the shipment, including the valuables with a maximum payment not exceeding 2,000 SR
13. Damaged Shipment:
If the damage is caused due to SAR negligence, a compensation of up to 500 SR will be payable. Compensation claims will be considered invalid if you have not completed a Damaged Shipment Claim form before leaving the destination station.
14. Cancelled Shipment:
- In the case of a cancelled shipment by SAR due to the shipment not complying with any of the stated terms and conditions, Customer’s will be charged a 100% penalty and required to collect their shipment from the departure station within 48 hours of the cancellation notification. Storage fees of SR 2 per hour (48 SR per day) will be applied after the initial 48-hour period. Customers must present either their Saudi National ID, Iqama, or Passport and a valid shipment number when collecting cancelled shipments from stations.
- In the case the Customer wishes to cancel their shipment after the initial acceptance by SAR, 100% cancellation fees will apply. Customer’s should cancel their shipment in person from the departure station, and providing the shipment has not already been shipped, Customer’s will be able to collect their cancelled shipment by presenting either their Saudi National ID, Iqama, or Passport and a valid shipment number.